POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : OMG - it works!! : Re: OMG - it works!! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OMG - it works!!
From: stbenge
Date: 30 Dec 2008 17:03:13
Message: <495a9aa1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
>> There's a quick workaround for 3.7 radiosity. 3.7's radiosity doesn't seem
>> like high count values, so to get more detail you can apply a small-scale
>> global surface normal to all objects in your scene like so:
>
> Yes, that is true indeed, now that you mention it. I almost
> automatically/unconsciously do this in many of my scenes. Don't remember
> were the trick came from...

I keep a section of my #default line ready for this all the time. Who
knows who started doing it first. Maybe it's like the stacked planes
trick for volumetrics. I'm pretty sure several people thought they had
originated the idea (including me), only to find out later it had
already been done. :)

Sam